Mold, Dust, and Air Quality Screening
Residential Mold, Dust, and Air Quality Screening is a service we offer for customers who are unsure about what is going on in their home. Residents may have a gut feeling that something isn’t quite right but can’t put a finger on the exact issue or root cause of concern.
If any of the following statements are true, you may benefit from a Residential Mold and Dust Screening.
- I’m unsure of an odor in my home.
- My physician would like to see an air quality / mold report from my home
- I have an allergy but I’m not sure if that is causing my discomfort in my home.
- I think I see some visible mold but I am not sure if it is mold.
Typical Mold, Dust, and Air Quality Screening Services
If you receive a Mold, Dust, and Air Quality Screening, you should expect the following
- Visual inspection of accessible areas through your home for visible signs of mold / dust.
- Air and surface sampling for mold and dust in areas of concerns and comparison areas.
- Air monitoring for temperature, relative humidity, carbon monoxide, and carbon dioxide.
- Written report detailing findings with lab results.
In addition to the Typical Mold, Dust, and Air Quality Screening Service, we can also provide
- Moisture mapping of walls if there is a concern of water damaged walls.
- Airborne testing for asbestos.
- Monitoring / testing for Volatile organic compounds, Formaldehyde.
If you feel like you would benefit from a Mold, Dust, and Air Quality Screening, please fill out our contact form or call Richard A. Lynch directly at 609) 694-4539.
Water Damage Response / Cleanup Protocol Development
Water damage in homes can present itself in many ways. In the event of water damage in your home the first thing we recommend is to stop the introduction of water and start drying your spaces ASAP. If contents and building materials are water damaged for over 48 hours, you are at risk of mold growth. Professional remediation companies often look for guidance on what and how to remediate. That’s where we come in.
If any of the following statements are true, you may benefit from a Residential Water Damage Response / Cleanup Protocol Development.
- I’ve had a sudden water damage in my home and I don’t know what to do.
- I have had water damage in the past and now I have a musty odor in parts of my home.
- A remediation company is planning on restoring my water damage, but I want a 3rd party to ensure that it is done correctly.
- A remediation company has performed water restoration services and I need post remediation testing
Typical Water Damage Response / Cleanup Protocol Development Services
Typical Water Damage Response / Cleanup Protocol Development Services include:
- Pre remediation visual inspection
- Pre remediation Air / surface testing for mold when applicable
- Pre remediation moisture mapping
- Pre remediation written report of findings.
- Written Protocol detailing remediation activity to ensure proper cleanup.
- Post remediation inspection, air / surface testing for mold, moisture mapping, and written report of findings.
If you feel like you would benefit from a Water Damage Response / Cleanup Protocol Development, please fill out our contact form or call Richard A. Lynch directly at 609) 694-4539.